We all know Bournemouth is lovely in the summer, but a winter break here (or for us lucky locals, days out) will build memories that will warm the heart for years to come.
Here are 10 top reasons why you should pay a visit to Bournemouth during the winter months:
1. It’s the perfect location for refreshing winter walks along the beach or in the New Forest with family, friends or loved ones
2. Following the busy summer months, Bournemouth is perfectly peaceful in the winter and is a great place to escape the hustle and bustle
3. Frosty mornings are ideal for strolling Bournemouth’s Central Gardens and soaking up the picturesque scenery
4. The windier weather in the winter is the best time to have a go at surfing or body boarding on Bournemouth beach
5. You are free to enjoy a leisurely cycle along the beach promenade (it’s not permitted in the summer)
6. When the weather is dull, you can explore Bournemouth’s fabulous selection of shopping and why not pay Sorted Surf Shop a visit down on Boscombe beach front to snap up some cosy Headfudge winter gear!
7. There are some amazing live performances, gigs and acts for everyone to enjoy, from Bastille and Jake Bugg, to The Human League and Madness
8. The BIC host its own ‘Cool Coast’ winter ice rink, transforming the venue into a shimmering festive skating wonderland perfect for a fun-filled family day out
9. The Gardens of Light Festival will be returning for its 4th year, bringing with it wonderful illuminations, a fabulous ice rink and some new attractions, all of which are mesmerising to see at night
10. Bournemouth town centre transforms into a Christmas shopping wonderland for its annual Christmas market, filled with quaint wooden chalets and an abundance of festive food stalls and fantastic entertainment to get you into the Christmas spirit.
And 2017 sees a brand new style Market in town (which will take place from 17th November until 4th January). The brand new Bournemouth Christmas Market will include a move away from the previous German Market theme to a new Alpine Market, offering boutique and local craft products and food stalls, with a focus on local traders and local suppliers.
So, there we go... embrace the winter, embrace the freedom and go have some fun in the great and wintery outdoors!